Embracing neurodiversity while facilitating optimal functioning in activities of daily living through remote, synchronous, affordable,
telehealth sessions. Client centered occupational therapy treatment plans, customized for pediatrics, adolescents, young adults, and geriatrics from a professional and parent perspective. Value-based and trauma-informed therapeutic interventions to validate concerns and empower individuals and underserved populations to achieve meaningful outcomes via teletherapy.
Special Needs Services:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Social Skills Enhancement/ Virtual Social Pragmatic Groups
- Early Intervention
- Caregiver Coaching
- IEP/504 Development & Support
- Occupation Based Parent Coaching
- Autism Spectrum & Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder Strategies & Support
- Coprophagy, Scalotia & Enuresis Therapeutic Interventions
- Sensory Processing Strategies & Support
- ADHD Strategies & Support
- Dyslexia & Dyscalculia Strategies & Support
- Hyperlexia Strategies & Support
- Personalized Career Counseling
- Resume Editing/ Vocational Training/ Interview Skill Development
- Independent Functioning Coaching
- Handwriting (Individual or Group Programs)
- Fine & Gross Motor Skill Development
- Diet & Nutrition Coaching
- Learning Disability Tutoring
- Infant & Toddler Developmental Therapy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & De Quervain's Tenosynovitis Treatment Plan & Home Exercise Program
- PTSD Support
- Bipolar Support
- TBI Therapeutic Intervention
- Covid Recovery Therapeutic Interventions
- Nature Based Treatment Programs
- Individual & Family Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Foster Care Independent Living/ Social Skills & Support Groups
- Refugee/Asylee/Immigration Support Services
- Fibromyalgia Therapeutic Interventions
- Chronic Pain Therapeutic Interventions
- Low Vision Therapeutic Interventions
- Aging in Place
- Ergonomic Redesigning to enhance participation, from part-time work to professional E-Sports athletes
Where short term goals become long term achievements.
Approved Maryland Medicaid Provider
Genevieve Engleman is an Occupational Therapist providing therapeutic support, built upon empathy, compassion and non-judgmental consideration of everyone's unique situations in life. Her private virtual practice (TheRemoteOT.com) offers affordable, client centered, custom treatment plans which span across the lifespan from the NICU to geriatric populations and every age in between. She is a real nerd at heart and loves expanding her knowledge through the completion of way too many continuing education courses to stay abreast of all the latest intervention strategies and most recent research and has achieved specialty recognition from NBCOT in pediatrics and orthopedics for her studies. Genevieve comes from a vast background in the healthcare system from Miami to Maryland and previously served as the Clinical Executive Associate for a large statewide practice in Rhode Island. She is originally from Canada and believes quality healthcare is a human right and structures her private practice to prevent cost from ever being a barrier to quality healthcare. She enjoys attending bluegrass and folk music festivals with her husband, Thomas, and three children Hank, Beau & Eden.
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is the only profession that helps people across the lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations).
Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent—or live better with—injury, illness, or disability.
Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. Occupational therapy services typically include:
- an individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals,
- customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals, and
- an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment and/or task to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team. It is an evidence-based practice deeply rooted in science (AOTA.org).